Saturday, September 20, 2014

Life After The Army


Summer has just about come to an end here and the Powells are several weeks into the new school year! Jaxon is finding that three mornings of preschool a week isn't as awful as he originally thought ;) His teacher may feel differently about that, but we think it's going pretty great on both ends! With how much fun our summer was spending time with friends and family at home, I just realized we've hit the 3 month mark since Grant has officially separated from the Army. Which may explain why I've had Georgia on my mind lately. I sometimes think of how I have yet to meet baby Riley since my neighbor, Kelsey, had her a week after we moved - after I watched her belly grow for months! I see pictures of the Manley girls and Lacey on the West Coast and can't wait to make that trip to Washington to see where the Army has taken them. The Rava baby will also be on my list of little people to meet and Jaxon would love to have a playdate with Hailey Starr again. As we keep moving forward and further away from the Army life, I treasure pictures more and more. Coming across an old picture and remembering the friends I made down South will keep those sweet memories alive. Whether it was just being a friend and grabbing coffee to get out of the house, comforting each other when we'd get the news we didn't want time and time again from the Army, standing next to each other while those buses pulled up and our husbands marched across that field back to us, or celebrating birthdays and holidays together like a family does - thank you for your friendship! Three months out and I truly feel we are where we are meant to be right now. Grant and I are looking forward to see what else is coming our way :)
 





1 comment:

  1. ❤️❤️ we miss you guys so much!!! When we move we need road trip!

    ReplyDelete