Saturday, September 13, 2014

Cat in the Hat 1st Birthday

As promised, I'm going back and catching up on some old projects I've done. Jaxon's first birthday was so much fun to plan! While Grant was in Afghanistan I put lots of energy into things to keep me busy and help those ten long months go by faster. Sorry Mom, I know your house was a mess while I worked on different projects on every room ;)
 
Invitations by PartySparkle
 
 
Diaper cover and tie from GigiezLilCreations and party shirt from HomeArtsBoerne

 Banner by caitlinwilhelm
 
Jax is one! Seussville has a great selection of Cat in the Hat décor and birthday supplies
 
Very lucky to know so many talented ladies :) Danielle Roberts made our cake, cupcake lady Jenna Roth made Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes, and Cake Pops by Vanessa
These were all loved by Jaxon (as you can see)!
 
 
 
 
The cupcake stand was about $6 on Amazon and I hot glued ribbon around each tier. I actually used it again for our Mickey Mouse birthday party.  




The only thing missing from our Cat in the Hat party was Grant! I cannot imagine hugging and kissing my baby goodbye at 6 months old and not holding him in my arms again until 16 months - my husband is much stronger than I am. I thank him and every service member that sacrifices seeing their babies grow in person. It's not just the birthdays and holidays - it's every day for them. So gives your babies extra kisses before bed tonight, all over the world parents are wishing they could be home to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment